Plant Hire Desk Controller
Plant Hire Desk Controllers are responsible for excellent customer service.
- Dealing with customer queries and orders in a professional manner
- Pro-actively promoting the company at all times
- Developing professional relationships with internal and external clients
- Maintaining and exceeding depot targets
- Setting up customer contracts for hire
- Assisting in converting enquiries to orders
- Negotiating costs and preparing invoices
- General administration
- Typically, Plant Hire Desk Controllers work around 40 hours a week, usually between 8am and 6pm
- There may be times where you'd have to work overnight or at weekend, depending on the work needed
- Newly trained plant hire desk controllers can earn in the region of £19,000 -£25,000
- Trained with experience plant hire desk controllers can earn in the region of £25,000 - £35,000
Qualifications & TrainingThere are no formal qualifications required for becoming a Plant Hire Desk Controller; however, you may want to complete GCSEs in Mathematics and English or their equivalents, such as the Welsh Baccalaureate or Scottish Nationals. NVQ L2 or 3 in Hire and Rental Operation could make you a more desirable candidate, as would a Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) or equivalent leadership training, along with previous experience in a supervisory role. A Basic First Aid Certificate and Full UK Driving License (Clean) are often required, given the supervisory nature of the role.