Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Advisor
SHEQ advisors provide advice and guidance on all health and safety, environment and quality matters across an organisation.
- Investigating accidents and writing reports
- Identifying potential hazards
- Completing risk assessments and site inspections
- Suggesting improvements
- Ensuring staff understand safety processes
- Checking equipment is safe
- Reviewing health and safety policies
- Compiling statistics
- Producing presentations in findings
- Monitoring environmental impacts
- SHEQ Advisors work around 40 hours a week, usually between 9am and 6pm. However, in exceptional circumstances overnight or weekend work could apply.
- Newly trained SHEQ advisors can earn in the region of £25,000–£30,000
- Trained with experience SHEQ advisors can earn in the region of £30,000–£35,000
- Senior or chartered SHEQ advisors can earn in the region of £35,000–£50,000
Qualifications & TrainingAn Honours Degree in England; the equivalent L6 NVQ / HNC in Wales, or the Scottish equivalent, can be desirable, particularly in engineering, construction, law or health and safety. Some positions may require chartered status with a relevant body. However, industry experience is often very important too, so entrants with other qualifications might be considered, for example: IOSH Working Safely, IOSH Managing Safely, or CITB Site Safety Plus training courses. Often there is a minimum requirement of NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety or equivalent.